KGI News :)

I posted on my Facebook page that I had some exciting news for you all, and that I’d be telling you this week. Well, I don’t have it ALL ready yet, so this will be a two part “news” fest and I won’t torture you any longer with the KGI announcements :) So definitely stay tuned for “more” likely coming next week.

But without further ado, I’ll tell you whose books are coming up after Shades of Gray (P.J. and Cole’s story) I’ll first say, however, that Shades of Gray is without a doubt my favorite KGI book to date. I love the characters SO much and I’ve always adored P.J.’s character. I put her through the ringer in her book, but she really comes out on top. (Was there any doubt?) lol

I can’t wait for January so that y’all can read Shades of Gray and let me know if you love the book as much as I do!

Now, some of this is hard to explain because y’all haven’t READ Shades of Gray yet, so a lot of what I’m talking about is kind of lost UNTIL you guys get to read *g* But obviously the book is focused sharply on Steele’s team, of which P.J. and Cole are a part of. So you see a LOT of Steele and you get more insight into his character. However, you also see a LOT of Donovan in this book because he plays a major role. Moreso than even the other Kellys. Of course you’ll see all of them (ha! like I could write a KGI book without the Kellys!) But once you read Shades of Gray, you’ll understand why it’s organic for Steele’s book to be next.

So yep, that’s the announcement. KGI #7, which will release in July 2013 will feature Steele as the lead character. I can’t wait to tear into his story. I’m keeping mum (for now) on his heroine until I get further into the book and things unfold.

But for all you DONOVAN fans? I’m also announcing that his book will be KGI #8, which will release January 2014. So no more waiting. I promise I haven’t purposely tried to string you along and torture you by “withholding” Donovan. I just have to absolutely wait until the right moment to tell his story and it has to be organic to the series.

I’m REALLY excited for these next two books. Steele and Donovan have long been two of my favorite guys in the series and I’ve known since the very start that these two stories have to be special and that the build up has to be “just right”

While I do have the other stories in the series planned (for characters like Joe, Swanny etc) I can’t say with any authority whose book will be after Donovan’s because I have to wait and see how his and Steele’s stories unfold and then follow the logical path in the growth of the KGI organization and the teams. I want it to make sense not only to me, but to you the readers whom I’m SO grateful to for making this series a success.

An author can write the best book in the world, but it’s the READERS who make a book or series a success. Without you, this series would have never gotten off the ground and I would be unable to continue writing in a world I love and about a family and cast of characters I adore.

Be on the lookout for some new faces in Shades of Gray and some changes to KGI. Nothing drastic. I promise! But it sets the stage for more books to come and it’s my hope that you’ll continue to be along for the wonderful ride that this series has been.

I so deeply appreciate each and every reader who has bought and read the KGI series and for all the wonderful emails and messages expressing your love for this series. I cannot even begin to tell you how much it means to me to have such wonderful support. I’m so lucky to have you all and I hope we have many more years together to dish about books and characters!

So that’s the KGI news and be watching for more announcements coming soon! :)

xoxo and much love

Maya

81 Comments

1. 1
    imp says:

Thanks for the awsome news. Glad to hear that P.J. has also been one of your favourites, because I’ve always found her really intriguing and I can hardly wait for the release of Steele’s story – I simply want to find out who can melt all that ice!!!
    I’m also looking forward to Rusty’s book! Do you think she will have a conventional career or will she be able to do something “extraordinary” like work with her brothers in some capacity – she’s brave and bright, isn’t she?

2. 2
    Allie says:

Oh good. I’m so glad to hear this. More KGI books! I really enjoy this series.

I love behind-the-scenes kinds of details, like how you choose who to write about next. I have enjoyed this series because it does not go in some order by age of sibling or whatever. It feels more like each story unfolds as it might happen in real life.

3. 3
    Deb says:

I am so excited. Since I happened upon The Darkest Hour all those years ago while trolling Amazon,I have been crazy for Steele’s story with Donovan’s being a close second. I don’t think I can stand the suspense. Thanks so much for the heads up to be watching for them. I really appreciated Softly at Sunrise and the update on Rachel and Ethan. Their story remains my favorite so far.

4. 4
    Shannon Owens says:

AWESOME!!! Can not wait for Steele and his story, there is just something about when a strong man falls in love and you write those stories so well. For Steele to have his time oh it gives me goose bumps!!!! Don’t get me wrong I LOVE THEM all I just have a thing for the brooding, silent, Alpha males I think Steele has it in spades!!!

5. 5
    Terri says:

You’re amazing! I love these books! I adore the characters as if they are real. I feel sad when they’re sad. I feel happy when they are happy. This is my favorite series ever!!!!!! I hope you write about EVERYONE. Joe, Swanny, Rusty, Skylar, Doplhin, Renshaw, Baker, Terrence, Diego! Everyone I know I’m missing a few people, but I’m sure you get my point. You are one kick ass writer. I hope you write books for the rest of your life. You have truly helped me. Your book are my escape from reality and without them I would be lost. So thank you Maya. FOR BEING AN AMAZING WOMAN AND AUTHOR

6. 6
    Ellie says:

Yes! Steele and then Donovan. I’m loving this set up and it’s making me anxious for January!

Thanks for sharing this bit of news.

7. 7

WOOT! \o/

Fantastic news! I’m so glad to hear about Steele & Donovan, but, really, I can’t WAIT for Swanny’s book. He totally stole my heart. In fact, when I read Whispers in the Dark I did something I NEVER do. I read the end. I KNOW! I KNOW! But I kept fretting that Swanny was a Bad Guy and finally I cracked under the pressure and had to check before I fell for him even more than I already had.

8. 8
    Kat says:

Oh my goodness! Yes! My favorite two characters after PJ and Cole are getting their books! So excited!! Please, PLEASE, make Dr. Maren Steele’s heroine. Though they only had a small interaction in The Darkest Hour, I immediately put those two together in my head!! Thanks for the awesome news!!

• 8.1
      Kat says:

I just saw the title of the 7th KGI and I saw that Maren is Steele’s heroine! I am SO GLAD!!! I really did think those two were perfect. Can’t way for the book! Or Shades of Grey either! Steele’s team has most of my favorite characters!

• Nav says:

i had thought the same.. when i had read The Darkest Hour.. Steele and Maren weren’t even in the same scene together.. we just knew how Steele had barged out of the room after cursing at Maren.. and that for me was ‘it’.. they belonged together..the sparks had ignited

when i read it was Dr. maren paired with steele.. i was hyperventilatingg.. can’t wait for the book to come out!!!

9. 9
    greta says:

I agree with Kat I thought about Steel and the Doc. Having said that whatever you decide is good enough for me. I cannot wait for PJ and Cole story, counting the days. You are by far my favorite author,you keep us updated all the time. Keep writing and I’m there. xoxo

10. 10
    MSM says:

This is absolutely wonderful news! Although I must say that I wished the books were coming out sooner, but that is just me not being able to get enough of the KGI Series!!! I cannot wait to meet the wonderful women that capture Steele’s and Donovan’s hearts!!! I can hardly wait until January, because I am dying to read PJ and Cole’s story! I love PJ! She is one tough cookie in an organization filled with testerone!

11. 11
    jnl says:

Thanks Maya! That really is great news! The KGI series is by far my favorite series from you! It has been such a joy to see/meet all the wonderful women who have made these alpha males fall to their knees. As I’m seriously intrigued by Steele, I can’t wait to learn more about him and the woman who’ll make him fall to HIS knees. I know you’ll do him justice and I look forward to reading it! As for Shades of Gray, I’m dying for that book! I always saw P.J. and Cole’s bickering as a lot of foreplay…therefore, I know this book will already be one of my favorites! Keep the great writing coming! :)

12. 12
    Colleen says:

Can’t wait for PJ’s story. I could feel it in my bones you had something special planned for her! I can’t stop talking about KGI to anyone that will listen. This series really speaks to my heart and I’m so happy to see it continue!

13. 13
    Cashmere says:

Waiting read them all! I’m just done with Nathan and Shea and getting ready to rip into Rio and Grace. Gosh they are even featuring in my dreams :)

14. 14
    Nelly says:

LOVE the KGI Series!!!!!! Just finished Rio & Grace’s story~Maya, what a tease into P.J’s book. CAN’T wait for Jan 1. You have me hooked, I will have to start another one of your series to pass the time until then!!!! About to start Softly at Sunrise!!!!!
    Keep them coming~love every bit :o)

15. 15
    Kathy Moore says:

You know, if you gave up sleeping you could crank out the books faster. Just saying!

16. 16
    Nicci says:

I am HOOKED on this series. These men have stolen my heart!!

17. 17
    Lisa says:

I LOVE this series and I am glad we are finally getting more. However, you are killing me with the dates! We need more, faster. Only two books in a year? UGH!

18. 18
    Susan says:

I fell in love with your books first with Colters and I am dying for Colters Gift now I am also in love with KGI series and just can’t get enough of either series. Thanks so much and can’t wait for more of both series!

19. 19
    Hasuld says:

usually posts some quite exciting stuff like this. If you?re new to this site

20. 20

That truck is often a enjoyment plan!

21. 21
    Jan says:

I have dearly loved the entire KGI series and will love the new ones due to be released soon. But, I agree with Lisa (Oct.6th),respectfully…… we need more than 2 books a year. Is there a reason, if so,,,,,,give. But I do love,love and love all your books !!!!!!

22. 22

Appreciating the persistence you put into your website and in depth information you provide. It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same old rehashed information. Great read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

23. 23

Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

24. 24

Hola! I’ve been reading your weblog for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Huffman Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the fantastic work!

25. 25
    Tav says:

Thanks so much for the updates. I love the KGI series and the Colters as a matter of fact, I am sure every book of yours have made my favorite list. Thank you, you are an amazing author. I am anxiously waiting for PJ’s story, love Steele and Van waiting for their story will be absolutely torturous. I need Rusty’s story too, please, pretty please. Rusty and Sean? I see those two together from day one.

26. 26
    Sian Thomas says:

I am so glad to hear that Steele and Donovan’s story will be told. I’m seriously looking forward to reading P.J and Cole’s book! P.J intrigues me and her relationship with Cole has always made me smile.

Ater reading the few comments below about the speclulation of who Steele will be paired up with, I had to check your “coming soon” page and was really happy to find out that he and the Doc will get together! A great match, she’ll definitely break the ice walls around his heart!

27. 27
    Kathrine Sikes says:

Two of my favorite men and you’re finally giving them their books. I cannot wait to see their ladies who win their hearts. You’ve made the series amazing. I know these books and more will be just as good. I look forward to more KGI and SWEET series books. Keep up the great work!

28. 28
    Margaret says:

I can’t wait for Donovan’s story just wish it was coming out in July it would be a good bday present for myself :). But I will be counting the days till January 2014. Also can’t wait for swannys story

29. 29
    Sharon says:

It took me less than a day to read Shades of Grey. I absolutely loved it. PJ and Cole fit like a glove. I think it was one of the best stories so far!!

30. 30
    Symone says:

ok …so I’ve read Shades of Grey and I must say PJ is a complete BADA$$…I definitely loved her style. While I’m here I would love to mention little “Rusty” with her electrical know how it would seem only fair that she become a recruit after college to KGI….at least I, personally, would love to see her earn her wings (so to speak)..Luv em all ..keep em comin’

31. 31
    Nav says:

Shades of Gray was just amazing.. i wasn’t prepared for the twist that was brought our way.. but WOW.. go PJ!!!!! love her for being strong and brave while having her moments of weakness.. Loved Cole through and through.. along with Steele, Donovan.. <3<3 Dolphin is tooo cuteee…

It was just too goodd… and KGI continues to remain my #1 series.. It just keeps on getting better!!! and knowing that Steele's story is next.. I can't contain my excitement.. !!!!!

32. 32
    Mandy says:

ok… I have to say I’m ADDICTED to KGI series, these are my comfort reads and I love, love, love them. Can’t wait to see whats in store for Steele, but please end the torture and give some insight insight on Swanny. Your so Amazing Maya!!!

33. 33
    Corrie says:

I absolutely love KGI. I can’t wait for the next books. I have been dying for Donovan’s story!!! I would love to be his love interest!!

34. 34
    Debra White says:

Wow! Shades of Grey was simplying amazing..great message of unconditional love! Go PJ and Cole!

Maya..you going to re-release the rest of sweet series in mass market format..

how does the last two stories tie to the rest of the series in the Colter books.

35. 35
    Brie says:

I ABSOLUTELY fell in LOVE with the KGI

36. 36
    Brie Bohlinger says:

I ASOLUTELY fell in LOVE with the KGI series! I bought the 2nd book, No Place To Run, when Borders went out of business and I LOVED it! From there I had to get the WHOLE series. I was so interested in and in love with the Kelly’s. I can’t wait to catch up and find out more about the Kelly family. I have until June/July 2013, right Maya? When Book #7, Steele’s book comes out! I am SO excited! Thank you SO much for writing this series!

37. 37
    Deanna Hess says:

I love the series. I fall asleep and dream about them and can even visulize what they look like. You make them seem so real. I have read all of them. Now i’m waiting for the next one. I can’t wait. I would recommend them to every one. My friends want to read them now since I bragged about them. Thanks so much for keeping the series going, but please hurry.

38. 38
    Keliane says:

Maya I love all yours book, above all the KGI series. I’m a very big fan,
    but when I read the book of Rio, I felt a little disappointed, because Rio is suppose to be brasilian, and brasilians speak portugues and not spanish. And since I’m Brazilian this fact took some of the shine of the book for me. But said that, I only have to commend yours books. They are amazing. Kisses.
    PS: Sorry for the poor english.

39. 39
    Ann McDaniel says:

What I love the most about the KGI series is that you keep all the brothers and teams in the stories in major ways. I just love the continuation of each and every person. I hate when a series of books barley mentions characters from previous books.

• 39.1
      Judy says:

I couldn’t agree more! I love to find out what’s going on with previous characters in subsequent books of a series. It’s like keeping in touch with old friends. But I hate it when previous characters are barely mentioned in passing. So frustrating!! Maya does a great job of keeping her characters involved in the stories, especially considering that the characters in the KGI series are both literally and figuratively a “family”. You rock Maya!!

40. 40
    Elaine says:

Yay…i have devoured the full series in under two weeks, you are officially writting too slowly :) Please be warned Steele is my ABSO favourite, his story needs to be goose-bump inducing :) Waiting in suspense and please keep them coming!!!

41. 41
    linda says:

I am so excited about the upcoming books in the KGI series. This series is work re reading!!!

42. 42
    edwina scaglione says:

WOW OMG talk about being kepted at the edge of your seat or bed depeneding on where your reading the books i just cant get anough i loved reading every book and CANT WAIT TILL Forged in Steele comes out so i can buy it

• 42.1
      edwina scaglione says:

according to BARNES&NOBLES WEBSITE

Forged in Steele WILL COME OUT JUNE25,2013 FOUR DAYS BEFORE MY 29TH BIRTHDAY :)

43. 43

how do?, from Hidden Hills, California I want to say, I loved this blog post. However, it is funny how I ended up on your post. I searched for rolls royce stretch limousine on Google and ended up on your website. I must say I do like your site and will check back soon. But I need to find the limo I was originally looking for first. Have a great day! ciao.

44. 44
    sans says:

Finally Donavan!!!!
    I hope he has some of the funny sexy characteristics Nathan had but more….. I can’t wait

45. 45
    ShariG says:

Okay, I admit it. I’m addicted. I bought Echoes at Dawn and fell in love with Rio, noticed the book was number five in a series and had to go back and read 1-4 in order and then reread Echoes at Dawn. Just finished Ethan and Rachel’s novella, and am starting Shades of Gray tonight. You knew eventually P.J. and Cole would get together with all that flirtation. So, for the last few weeks I have been emersed in the world of KGI. I preordered Forged in Steel, but I have to say my favorite Kelly is Donovan, so I’m afraid it will be a long dry spell until his book comes out next winter. May have to read them all again. Thank you, thank you for so many hours of reading enjoyment. I love these manly men and the brave women whom they love.

• 45.1
      ShariG says:

In reading all of the posts, I don’t see much about Joe. I am also really looking forward to knowing him better in the next few books so that he’ll be ready for his own story, too. See what you do? You make these people real and I don’t want Joe to be left out since I love the entire Kelly family. This is a whole new genre for me. Not the romance. I love several romance writer’s and have read every one of their books, but these are the first of your books I’ve read and the first about military type men and women and I am completely hooked.

46. 46
    Keta Burgess says:

I hope you never stop writing. I enjoy all your books. Can’t wait for Donovon’s story. I love him! KGI is the best series ever. Maya, you could write about the dictionary and it would be interesting. Good job!

47. 47
    Woot! says:

Hello there
    First off I love love all your KGI series books! Every time I read them from start to finish I end up going well crap I have six more months to go till the next book Wah! Any who I have been going back and forth on Joining the Army for personal reasons of my own( My MOS would be preferably Military Police). For the longest time I doubted myself physically and mentally on whether or not I could handle being in the Military. Reading your books and all the bada** women your books each hold make me believe in myself. Also back to the books I can’t wait to see Donovan’s story but I would really love to see more Rusty interaction with the guys! Maybe her dating someone and having them all protective over her. Oh lord could you just picture Sam and the Guys doing background checks on the guy? Please Please please add more Rusty to the books? I loved her interaction with Sean in Forged in Steel:) Hugs from Mass!

48. 48
    Mrs. Crawfish says:

I love the KGI series! I read Forged in Steele and Shades of Gray in the past two days. I couldn’t get enough. I can’t wait to go back and read the first books in the series. Keep them coming. I love them just as much as your Highlander series. I agree with Woot! I’d love to see something happening with Rusty.

49. 49
    IMP says:

Only wanted to thank you for the fabulous “Forged in Steele”. It’s amazing how you always manage to surpass even the highest expectations. And among all the new characters you’ve been introducing lately I must admit that Hancock has really captured my Attention. Hopefully we’ll see much more of him.

50. 50
    Rosi Mary says:

Hi, Maya
    Love your books. I fell in love with many of their “paper men”, But there are two that I would like to know better, AJ and Mike both of the book ‘seducing Simon’. Please think fondly on the possibility of writing their stories. especially the story of Mike that despite the fame whore male proved an extremely loyal.
    Kisses and thanks